an attempt at relevance.


As I learn the formula to advertising and how to make an ad, there is a constant return to the one principal: it HAS to be relevant. This should be your mantra, it’s such a simple rule but probably the most important. For example (and I am paraphrasing from Luke Sullivan’s book “Hey Whipple Squeeze This”):

NO MATTER HOW CREATIVE YOUR IDEA IS, IF IT’S NOT RELEVANT TO YOUR AUDIENCE, THEN ITS NOT AN AD. YOU MAY HAVE ART BUT YOU DON’T HAVE AN AD.

So, today on my walk to the Vic market I came across an eye-popping scene. There were three parking meter collectors stationed in a row, and each was unlocking in unison using a long caterpillar of magical rainbow keys. I had to take a photo with my iPhone. It was so cool!

But then how do I make these images relevant to my blog? They aren’t advertising, they are art.
So they're not relevant. So this is my attempt at relevance.

Firstly, here is the art:


And here are some things that could make the art relevant:



And this is how hard it can be, to make something relevant:


0 comments:

Post a Comment